Sunday, November 18, 2007
I was assigned to go for a mission - to attend IWC WatchMaking Session at the Sentosa Cove organised by Sincere Watch Academy.
I felt so out of place when I reached there... as you know, one piece of Sincere timepiece can cost a few months of my salary. And I was just wearing the most expensive watch I've ever had - Guess diamond watch - which is NOTHING compared to them. And I was alone there!!
There was this uncle waiter - so cute (ahem, I'm not saying physically cute hor).. why? He offered me a selection of drinks and finger food, which I declined politely. Second time he offered, and I declined again. Until the third time, he offered again with his so sincere expression, die die also must make me say yes. As if he'd be fired if any of us was not eating or drinking. I was sitting down on the cushion, and he was kneeling down on 1 knee! Finally, I asked for iced water. And since then, he kept feeding me with food!
Time for watchmaking! We were directed into the lab and wore the white lab coat! Really hands-on experience on how to dismantle and assemble the small and tiny parts in the watch!! So, we experienced how was it like to be a watch maker!
I felt so out of place when I reached there... as you know, one piece of Sincere timepiece can cost a few months of my salary. And I was just wearing the most expensive watch I've ever had - Guess diamond watch - which is NOTHING compared to them. And I was alone there!!
There was this uncle waiter - so cute (ahem, I'm not saying physically cute hor).. why? He offered me a selection of drinks and finger food, which I declined politely. Second time he offered, and I declined again. Until the third time, he offered again with his so sincere expression, die die also must make me say yes. As if he'd be fired if any of us was not eating or drinking. I was sitting down on the cushion, and he was kneeling down on 1 knee! Finally, I asked for iced water. And since then, he kept feeding me with food!
Time for watchmaking! We were directed into the lab and wore the white lab coat! Really hands-on experience on how to dismantle and assemble the small and tiny parts in the watch!! So, we experienced how was it like to be a watch maker!
Start exploring the movement! 
These are the tools needed
Ta-da - that's how it looks like in the watch. Gotta be so delicate and gentle when handling the movement
It was fun!! A watch maker needs to go for studies and training for 4 years before cetified. After the session, I took the chance to explore the surrounding while locating for the taxi stand.
So-Beautiful view...
It's a pond le.. so nice
So heavenly-blissful to have a condo/apartment here, rite? Facing the sea and your yatch just parked right in front of your apartment?
Alright, stop dreaming..!! (unless you're are super ultra rich! or u married to a Mr.Super Ultra Richie)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home